Pewsey and District Feast and Carnival (PADFAC) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy
It has been confirmed that there is no requirement to register PADFAC with the Office of the Information Commissioner with respect to GDPR. It has, however, been decided to adopt the relevant elements of that legislation to ensure that best practice is followed.
Requirement to Hold Persona Data of PADFAC Members and Volunteers
PADFAC is reliant upon the active support of Members and Volunteers. To elicit, inform and focus that support, there is a requirement for Members and Volunteers to be contactable. To that end, PADFAC holds contact details of those Members and Volunteers who have consented for that data to be held in order to facilitate the passage of information e.g. circulation of minutes of meetings. Personal data will not be released, in any way. to third parties.
Nature of Personal Data Held
The data held, with the consent of the Members and Volunteers, consists of:
- Email address
- Phone number
The default date to be used to contact Members and Volunteers are the email addresses, Phone numbers or postal address will only be used if contact via the email address fails.
Authority by Which Data is Held
All Members’ and Volunteers’ contact data held by PADFAC is held on the basis of informed consent by those whose data is held. Access to the personal data will be severely limited.
The key elements in managing GDPR consent are:
- Reduce data to minimum necessary
- Review data held annually
- Renew concent
To that end the following actions will be carried out:
- Annual review of the content of personal data held to confirm that it is necessary for the passage of information described above.
- Removal of any data not required for those purposes.
- Ensure that Members and Volunteers are asked positively to opt in when providing consent.
- Confirm that we will not use pre-ticketed boxes or other forms of default consent
- Inform Members and Volunteers that they can withdraw their consent at any time and publicise how to do so.
- Confirm to Members and Volunteers that data will not be provided to any third parties.
- Review consent Annually.
This policy will be updated annually
V1.0 dated 25 April 2022